11.04.2010

You know you make me wanna

The little lady and I run errands on Tuesdays and Thursday.  I can manage one, most of the time anyway.  Two kids, well, that can make for some challenging shopping trips.  So, I try to plan around the days that the the bigger of the two little people is off at school.  On Tuesday we made our weekly trip to Target.  It would have been a relatively inexpensive trip.  I had a list, a mission, my coupons, and she had a cookie.  We were set.  Well, that is until the monsoon came.  It lasted for about 30 minutes and since I didn't have an umbrella we decided to wander around the store for a bit.  While I didn't do too much damage, we did stock up on a few Halloween items since they were 50% off.  However, there was one item that I refused to buy, which irritated her a bit, but she quickly moved on.  She found a talking totem pole made out of skulls that sang "Shout."  While the toy itself is your standard singing holiday toy, watching her dancing around without a care in the world was absolutely priceless.  She entertained many of the other patrons that were stuck in the store because of the rain.  It was fun, but I still didn't buy that silly thing, at least not on Tuesday.

Today, we had to go back because there were some toys I wanted to pick up for the holiday.  You know, sale, coupon combo kind of thing.  I have become quite the coupon junkie, but hey it is like my friend said, "it is like a game of seeing how much money you can save."  Let's just say that today I saved $75 on toys.  Yep, that's right!    I am a total winner, but you already knew that of course.  So today, we again wandered over into the Halloween section.  We didn't really plan it that way, we were just kind of walking around.  Well, today everything was 75% off.  Now, mind you there wasn't much there that I was interested in, but we looked around anyway.  She and I were having such a pleasant little morning and I was enjoying my time with her.  She turns to pick something up and all of a sudden I hear it again, "you know you make me wanna shout!  Kick my hands up and shout!  Raise my hands up and shout!"  Ahhh, there she was again dancing around without a care in the world.  She had found those silly talking heads once again and there she was playing the song over and over again.  Dancing.  Laughing.  Grinning from ear to ear.  How in the world could I not buy that ridiculous toy now?  My gosh, it was dirt cheap and you would have thought she hit the jackpot.

Now, I didn't buy it because it was dirt cheap, that just happened to be a bonus, I bought it because I absolutely loved seeing how thrilled she was by such a tiny, insignificant object.  It was wonderful to see just how easily she was entertained and how entertained I was just standing there watching her.  We have been listening and dancing ever since.  And yes, the song is totally stuck in my head.  

Click here and enjoy.  (the song plays twice and quite honestly this video doesn't do justice as to the moves she was busting earlier in the day.  I blame the socks.)

Love,

Amy

Pictures from Halloween.



Dressed as Punky Brewster.  Not really, but that is what she looked like.


In case you are wondering why I dressed my daughter as a pirate, well, she insisted on dressing exactly like her brother.  




Little dude at his school party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!