2.27.2009

Catching up

Since it seems life gets so busy and most of us don't get to visit often enough, this is my attempt at sharing some of the things our family is doing, specifically Jack and Julia. I will try to post something weekly, but don't hold me to that. I'll use this forum as a way to share little stories about what the kids are up to. Maybe this will help people feel more involved in their lives and keep tabs on how quickly they are growing. I mean seriously, Julia is almost 10 months old and Jack will be in kindergarten in 2 1/2 years. Oh, I might cry. Moving on...

By this time some of you may or may not know that there is a three year old little girl in Jack's class that has decided she will be marrying my sweet son. I can't say I blame her, he is AWESOME of course, but he is only three after all. I asked him the other day if he knew what it meant to marry someone (after he told me that he was going to marry her when he got older) and he said, "yes, it means that she can come over and play with my toys". My response was, "yes, yes, that is exactly what it means".

Jack is all boy, but he is just as sweet as he is a wild man. I have been a bit sick this week and yesterday he told me that I would feel better if I read him a book. My gosh, I just had to laugh and then read him a book. I actually did feel a little better :)

Julia, well, what can I say? She is growing so quickly it is hard to keep up. She is crawling and in to everything. She is chattering a lot and now gets upset when she sees you leave the room. She has such a heartbreaking cry. It sounds as if you have really hurt her feelings or something.

The girl has no fear, but then again she has an older brother that is incredibly rough so she has to be a tough little lady. Most of the time she just laughs at him, which just makes him want to work harder at making her laugh. When she cries, I know that the roughness was just a bit too much.

The girl is still without teeth. I'm wondering if she will have to get baby dentures or something. Seriously, the dentist told me yesterday that some kids are born without teeth and have to wear dentures until they are old enough for permanent teeth. Now, I don't seriously think that is Julia's issue, I just thought it was interesting.

Ok, enough for today.

Here are a couple of pictures of the kids.




No comments: