10.06.2010

Mystery Box





Quite some time ago Popsie bought a grab bag of t-shirts.  He told them that he was a male and the size shirt he wore.  I couldn't believe he did it, but it seemed fun at the time.  You know, waiting to see what you might get and all.  Well, a couple of weeks ago I saw something on a blog about buying a "mystery box" from Graveyard Mall.  You simply bought a box.  Yikes!  That seems scary considering the fact that they might just put junk in a box and charge you for it.  The company does have a lot of junk, but sometimes they have some things I could use.  They did give you the option of  telling them a little about yourself in the order notes.  What you liked.  What you didn't like.  If you had children.  Your hobbies.  You get the idea.  So I gave a description of myself and I waited.  

To my surprise, as the kids and I ran out to the mailbox today to mail some thank you notes we found a box.  A BIG BOX!  I couldn't believe it.  You see, I only paid $20 for this box so while I was excited, I just figured it would be something fun, you know a few little trinkets that the kids might like or something.  Oh Em Gee....the kids and I had a blast!  We had at least 23 items in this box and one of the best things is a portable DVD case with headphones.  Why is that so great you ask?  Well, we bought a DVD player for the kids this summer, but we didn't have a case.  Fun!

We also received 2 frames, 2 pairs of kids sunglasses, 2 Christmas items, 4 childrens books, a bazillion cork coasters (which is so fabulous because I have a craft project and I was about to buy these), candles that look like wine corks, some "green" cleaning supplies, kids thank you notes (funny, since we just mailed some of those), glow-in-the dark stair cover things (jack thought this was cool) and an assortment of other things.  

The only two random things were a jigsaw puzzle (lame) and one lone seat cushion.  I mean, at least send two, but hey I'm not complaining.  This was too fun!  

So, if you ever happen to see a "mystery box" offering from Graveyard Mall, try it.  At least once anyway.  It was fun.  



1 comment:

Helen said...

I bet Jack and Julia were excited to open the box.