4.12.2011

Kindergarten

You always think you are ready for your child's next stage in life.  You can't wait for them to hold their head up, to sleep through the night (that one's obvious), to take their first steps, to get their first tooth, to say their first words.  You get so caught up in the little moments that you wake up one day and your first child is five and about to start kindergarten.  Oh, you think you are ready, but you begin to quickly realize that you aren't ready at all.  You aren't ready for them to spend the majority of their waking hours with someone other than you.  You aren't ready for them to be influenced by people other than you.  You aren't ready for school because that means in the twinkling of an eye they will be graduating and moving on (yeah, I know I'm getting ahead of myself).  So today I look at my little wild man and wish that he was still little.  I guess most good parents feel this way.

I remember a few months ago I was moaning and groaning about not having enough time to get things done and how I wished I had just a little time to myself.  My sweet husband said this to me.

"Well, Amy Jack starts school in the fall and Jules will be in preschool two days a week.  You should have a lot of time then.  I think you are going to be sad.  You don't realize it, but I think you will."

Well, well Mr. Haisler you are probably right about that one.

This evening I will register my precious boy for kindergarten.  My gosh, I cry over just registering him.  How in the world will I handle the first day of school?

Pictures from open house at the "big" school a couple of weeks ago.

My gosh, isn't he just precious?


Feeling a little overwhelmed after entering one of the SEVEN kindergarten classes

I imagine he is asking if he really has to go

1 comment:

Nana said...

That is one 'Good lookin" guy!!!