We've always wanted a garden at our house, but never had the space or sunlight. At the new house, even though the backyard isn't the biggest, there is a great spot with full sun, sized just right for our little raised garden. My lovely wife is very inspiring. She's the one with bright and creative ideas and I'm the one who can jump into a project and get it all going. I'm a good "completer" as well, since I can't really stand to have things unfinished. I think this make us a great team. Here are some shots of our little garden project. We hope to have the ingredients for a delicious salsa by the end of the season. We have 6 different tomato varieties, as well as jalapenos. We are also trying bell peppers, banana pepper, cucumbers and zucchinis.

Little helpers: measure twice, cut once!
This is so
"hebby"!
Ready to dig up the grass... man this was hard. I guess the grass is doing just fine!

Ready to get it into place and fill with some nutrient rich soil and compost. The natural clay around here is not much fun!

I hope the homemade mixture of garden soil, topsoil, compost, manure and peat moss works!
Farmer Hag!
Nice rows...I really did have fun getting my hands dirty.
Always a plan...
Grow, already!!!
I think Mopsie is getting some seasonal color going for us!
I'll post more later on the garden progress!
Mark
7 comments:
I'm so impressed!
Great blog, great pictures.
Want to come build one at our house (now that we have no deer)?
@JC, sure we could do that! What happened to the deer???
We put up a fence around the WHOLE place!
The garden looks great. I know the salsa will be delicious. We are eating lettuce out of our garden.
No one seemed to comment that the little lady doesn't have any pants on in the first picture. The girl is wearing a t-shirt, tights and sandals!
Post a Comment