(I might find a few words)
My first attempt at a key lime pie. Let me just say, it was A lot of work for 3/4 C of lime juice. I'm not joking, I bet it took me 30 minutes. As I was sweating trying to squeeze every single drop of juice Mark looks over at me and says, "you know, I think they sell these in the freezer section."
Our garden is growing! We now have 2 tomatoes. Let's just hope the birds or the large lizard don't get to them first.
It's official. Our little guy is registered for kindergarten. {Sigh}
Date night and mini-photo session with my favorite little man.
![]() |
| Pizza at a local pizza shop, Sal's. Really nice having a little one-on-one time. |
![]() |
| This is how all photo shoots start with this kid. |
![]() |
| Then you throw in something for distraction. In this case, a stick. |
![]() |
| Then you add a little action. |
![]() |
| Then you catch him distracted by thoughts of Angry Birds, ice cream , candy, etc. |
![]() |
| And you end up with a J.Crew model in the making. Fantastic! |
Kite flying afternoon with grandparents at the community picnic.
![]() |
| Jack teaching P-paw how to play video games at the mobile gaming truck. |
We might not live in Chicago, but it certainly feels like the windy city here. It is incredible. Thank heavens we left the tie downs on our trees. Otherwise, I'm certain that they would have been uprooted and blown over long ago. This particular day was a perfect day for kite flying.
Easter weekend.
Easter rice cripsy treats. I would like to tell you they were a hit, but they weren't really. They were cute though.
Our camping trip was cancelled, but we didn't want the kids to miss out on roasting hot dogs and of course smores. Actually, I think the parents didn't want to miss out on the smorse either. They were delicious.
After dessert we decided to sit outside and watch the storm blow in. Initially, the kids weren't remotely interested in sitting on the patio because there was funder (yes, funder) and lightening. I on the other hand, love storms. Jack finally made his way out there to sit with me and we talked about lighting and thunder and how it isn't something to be afraid of. How he should be aware of what is going on, but doesn't need to be afraid. Julia on the other hand, was climbing on us and crying. That is until her brother (he speaks the gospel to her) began to talk to her. He repeated what I said, but he followed it with this, "Julia, you don't need to be afraid of lightening. Think of it as a fireworks show. Think of it as free fireworks given to us by God." Seriously, his words, not mine. Incredible! And it was an incredible show. I loved every single moment of it. That is, until the gigantic mosquitoes came out in full force.
An afternoon with bubbles. Always a big hit around here.
And finally, our own little Easter Egg hunt. This kids thought this was fantastic. Julia found the golden prize egg, but her brother took it in stride. We were so proud of him. He found eggs and lots of them, but worked really hard to make sure that Julia found eggs too.
Pumpkin pancakes:
1 C flour
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 C buttermilk (or 1 Tbs. lemon juice with enough milk to make 1 C)
1/3 C canned pumpkin
Mix flour, sugar, baking power, baking soda. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Whisk in egg, buttermilk, pumpkin and melted butter. (remaining butter used to coat pan)
These were nice, fluffy, moist pancakes. As Julia would say, "deyicious"
Love to all.
Amy





























2 comments:
Loved all the pictures. Great way to spend time with the family and make memories for Jack and Julia.
cool pics and nice chronology...brevity is good! Garden is looking good!
p-paw
Post a Comment