7.15.2011

Fright Night

When I was a kid my brother and I used to always try to give one another a good scare before bedtime.  You know, one of us would hide in the closet and jump out or my brother would wait until I would climb into bed and he would crawl in there on his hands and knees and try to frighten me.  Usually, I could hear him trying to sneak in.  That was when I could hear.  I swear I am about as hard of hearing as my grandmother.  Although, I can always seem to hear when Mark mumbles something under his breath.  Maybe I have selective hearing loss (ha).

So apparently, I started this scaring thing with Jack.  Now, I don't think I did it in the dark before bedtime, but I would say, "boo" when he wasn't paying attention or something.  Well, I have created a monster.  You see, I am easily frightened.  Mark tries to make as much noise as possible when he comes inside after work.  He learned this after I screamed as loudly as possible when I turned and saw him in the house after work and I didn't hear him come in.  This has happened multiple times.

Jacks new thing right now is to try and scare you.  He will sneak in a room, wait until you aren't paying attention, and then jump out and say "BOO!"  These are always a little funny, but last night was the ultimate.  He scared me so badly my arm started hurting and I thought I might have a heart attack.

I was putting the little lady to bed, lights were out and I noticed that her nightlight turtle wasn't in its usual spot so I began to look for it.  I could see in the room, but it was still dark.  I turned and all I saw was this face hiding behind something.  Now mind you, I obviously know what my son looks like, but when you are not expecting to see only a face hiding behind a huge Elmo doll in the corner of the little lady's room, well it might scare the daylights out of you.  It DID!  I screamed and ran out of the room.  (what a weenie).  I just stood there panting and holding my arm.  He couldn't believe that he scared me that good and Mark just laughed and reminded me that I started it so it was payback.  Oh, at least it was all in good fun.

Here's hoping his doesn't do this to his Nana when he visits this weekend.

PS - the veggies last night were delicious and surprisingly my fingers weren't stained at all.  I did resort to a little bribery to get the kids to try the new dinner choices.  The girl ate everything and Jack at least tried the beets (not his favorite), but he did really like the kale.  Yeah, for trying new foods.

 

No comments: