Jack has always been dressed. What do I mean by this? Well, he has always wanted to have clothes on. He went from jammies to jeans and a t-shirt, from to jammies to shorts and a t-shirt, back and forth. He has never, even when he was little and didn't know any better, been the kid that ran around in his underwear. I always thought it was a little peculiar that he didn't dare go without clothes. I mean, what kid doesn't want to run around in his underwear? Not this one. Recently however, he has decided he likes to sleep in his undies or he might like to wear just a pair of shorts without a shirt during the day. So, it seems he is beginning to exert a little independence in deciding "hey, maybe I won't wear a shirt today." Quite honestly, I think it's cute. I like that he is becoming more confident in making decisions (albeit small ones) about what he wants to do with himself. And I believe, he thinks it makes him more grown up or something, which he certainly seems these days. Now, he is required to wear a shirt to the dinner table and when we had family over this weekend, he was informed in advance that he would need to wear jammies at bedtime, which he was ok with doing.
He is growing up and while I know this is such a small event, the small events seem to be rolling in at rapid pace. Now, he is still my more sensitive child, but he is taller, smarter and soon enough he will leave me for five days a week. Five days a week people! Oh, heaven help me! Seriously. I am excited for him. I am scared for him. I am glad for the time to run errands or get things done around the house a little quicker, but I am also so very sad that he will be gone the majority of his waking hours during the week. I will miss him terribly. Before you know I will be sending everyone graduation invitations and he will be headed off to college. You laugh, but secretly you know that it is true. Soak him up people, because this is an amazing little person that is very quickly growing up to be an amazing big person.
And because I never added any pictures from our vacation. Here are just a few from our fun family trip.
| 4th of July |
| Having fun with sparklers |
| Jack took this picture |
| La Margarita |
| Channeling his inner Grandma Coufal, which he says he will get to visit when he goes to heaven someday. He is genuinely interested in meeting people that his mom and dad talk about. |
| Waiting for his first ride on a rollercoaster |
| READY! |
| Waiting for the wave of water to soak us, courtesy of Shamu, or probably really Freddy or Bob or Maddie. I mean ALL killer whales cannot be named Shamu. Can they? |
| The slide that doesn't allow you to slide. Luckly everyone walked away with all of the layers of skin. That thing was on fire! |
| I keep trying to coach her to look at the camera, but she has an aversion or she is easilly distracted. Maybe a little of both. |
| We are about to pounce, or so it seems. I was actually falling over. |
| Lunch in Wimberly |
| Our final vacation treat at Hey Cupcake in Austin |

1 comment:
I so love that little guy! And of course the ladies too!
Post a Comment