

So today we had two funny moments and instead of finding the time to post two different entries I'll just combine them both :)
This week the kids are out of school so we have been trying to find things to do to keep them busy, primarily Jack. Today, we went to the play area at the Galleria, which was incredibly hot by the way. I'm not sure who had the bright idea to put the play area under a roof of glass in Texas, but they really should have talked to the parents that would be sitting there sweating while their kids played. Seriously, it was like they had the heater on. Thank goodness for large bottles of water. Anyway, he was playing and running around when a little boy came up to him and asked him if he wanted to play Dinosaurs. Well, Jack looked at him and said, "Dinosaurs don't exist, they are dead, they ran out of food". The little kid looked at him in shock and replied, "well, this is just pretend". Jack continued with the dinosaurs running out of food bit, but finally gave in and found his own laser gun to hunt down the dinosaurs. I was glad to see him make a new friend. It is funny the things kids say. I'm just glad I get to be around to hear so much of it. It is really quite entertaining.
Later in the day we came home to play his new Wii game, Go Diego Go Safari Rescue. He had patiently waited all afternoon to pay his new game that he bought with his own money. Hey, he might as well learn the value of a dollar sooner or later. Anyway, he had been standing there enjoying playing his new game for over an hour when he walked over to the chair and just leaned up against it, all the while still playing the game. When we asked him what he was doing he said, "I'm just so tired from standing here so long". I laughed so hard I started crying. His little legs were worn out, but he didn't not want to give up on the game. What a true gamer.
Love ya -
Amy
PS more pictures just because, but do you see the baby? She was playing peek-a-boo
No comments:
Post a Comment