Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Today, in our travels we just happened upon some green things. We went to Whole Foods (green logo), played with bubbles that have a green wand, and tried some green foods. Unfortunately, none of us have on green clothing, but I think we have done our part to represent the green festivities.
We went out today to make one of our many purchases for the new house. You know, we need to do our part to stimulate the economy. Come March 26th, it is up to the rest of you because we are tapped out. Seriously! After errands, of course, Jack wants to stop at McDonald's, but I just couldn't go there again and I remembered that the new Whole Foods opened on the 15th. I love that store. They are higher, but their fruits and vegetables are just fabulous. So I decided that I would grab a salad and get the kids something too. Well, lucky for us they were having all kinds of samples and the kids at for free (thank goodness, my wallet needed a break). They had hot dogs, chicken fingers, hummus (Jules), jelly candies and an assortment of other items. By accident we also purchased several green things. We bought honeydew, star fruit, and green cupcakes. Oh, I did by a cannoli and had I bought the one with pistachios nuts then I would have been able to mark off one more green item off the list, but I opted for chocolate chips. It was a mini version so I didn't feel terribly guilty. Only a little guilty.
Jack has had an open mind when it comes to food today, therefore the reason we purchased the star fruit. He was open to eating a kiwi this morning. I froze when he agreed to try it. I couldn't believe it, but I frantically sliced it up before he changed his mind. At the store, trying to maintain our momentum, I offered up several different fruit choices, but star fruit was the winner.
I wasn't really sure how to cut a star fruit so of course we looked it up and found the perfect video. If you don't know anything about this fruit then check it out. Click here.
So I feel lucky today. Hey, I got my kid to eat new foods, two of them being fruits (he also tried the cannoli), so I consider myself very lucky. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. Ummm, something to think about.
Here's hoping that your day is filled with luck too!
Amy
PS - yes, the star fruit is actually yellow, but the skin has a greenish tint. Just go with me here...
so excited to be eating MORE sugar







No comments:
Post a Comment