4.08.2010

A little place we like to call HOME


Well, we are finally all moved in.  While we aren't settled, we have accomplished quite a bit in the last two weeks.  The kids were gone for a few of those days, which really helped with unpacking.  We had most of the house unpacked and together within about 3 or 4 days.  I was sad that they were gone, but honestly by the end of each day I was too exhausted to be sad.  I think Mark would say the same.  We unloaded a 17' truck and two 16' PODS in 2 days.  I felt like I had been beaten, but we were so excited to be in our new home we kept plugging right along.  

Here are a few pictures.  I'll try to get back on track with blogging.
 

We are afraid to open the PODS in fear of what it will look like after 4 months of sitting.


Surprisingly everything is in the exact same spot.  This guy is the master packer.  I watched his dad pack the U-Haul and I see where he gets it.  
Mark found some old treasures while unpacking.  As you can see, he is very proud.

This is where we started with the kitchen.


This is toward the end of the day.


This is the end of the day.  He doesn't just carry one trash bag bull of packing paper.  No sir.  He carries 6!
What do you drink when you are moving, unpacking and getting settled?  Well, you drink water of course.  Some of us anyway.  

Mark thinks you are supposed to drink the last of the liquor because it would be wasteful to just throw it away.  Oh, how I love him so.  Seriously! 





Look at him now, doesn't he already look tipsy to you?  We have work to do man!


and this is the kids seeing their home fully furnished with decorated rooms for the FIRST TIME!  They were so excited.  I think it was better than Christmas.  They had an entire room FULL of toys.  They screamed, they squealed.  It was fabulous!  Well, until dinner time and, let's just say momma lost her cool, but we won't be speaking of that.  

Hope to talk with you all soon.

Love - 

Amy










No comments: