12.01.2010

All I Want for Christmas...

Is a new pair of socks!



How ridiculous is that?  You would think I couldn't afford socks or something.  Thank God I can (seriously).  I couldn't tell you when was the last time I bought new socks.  Obviously, it has been a while. However, part of the problem is that I slide around my house.  Yes, yes that is my mode of transportation around here.  Julia's is skipping, mine is sliding.  I did this at the last house too.  Something about the wood floors brings out the Risky Business side of me.  Well, actually I'm not dancing around in my underwear when I slide around, or at least I'm not going to tell you THAT part of the story, but I do slide around from one place to the other.  I slid to the front door this morning when the pest guy arrived.  Hey, I guess there is a positive to having a solid door.  My husband will be glad to hear this since I constantly bring up having a door with wrought iron.  Although, I would probably slide regardless.  One of these days I will probably bust my rumpus, but until then I will continue to plow through socks.

So, if any of you are curious as to what I need for Christmas....it's socks!  Oh, and they don't have to be boring ol' white ones either.  I like snazzy socks too, but no mid-calf socks.  All those do is fall around your ankles anyway and then you look like my great grandmother that used to roll her knee highs down.  Seriously, she had donuts around her ankles.  Oh, why didn't someone tell her how wrong that really was?

So socks, and of course a winning lottery ticket ;)

No comments: