12.22.2010

Peeping Thomasina

There are some moments as a parent that you just want to run and hide because you don't want to have to look another person in the eye simply because you are embarrassed.  Not very often, but we have all had those moments.  Well, I had one of those moments today.

We ran to Target to grab a few things and of course we had to stop off at the restroom.  You know all parents of small children spend quite a bit of time in public restrooms.  So of course there we go, off to the restroom and of course it is an emergency because no one tells you when they notice the urge to go, they wait until it is the very last possible moment and they are about to wet their pants.  So, we are rushing.  I bolt through the door, I have a handful of bags and purses and I am trying to make sure that Jack gets there in time.  You see, I don't carry a change of clothes for him anymore and I really do not want him to have to walk around in the store with wet pants nor am I ready to leave.  I only have a few items to grab.  Ok, so I get him into the restroom and I turn to look for the little lady (all of this happened within moments mind you) and she is peeking through the crack of one of the stalls watching someone use the restroom.  OH MY GOSH!  Why?  I mean, that is really all I have to say.  Why?

No comments: