2.15.2011

Favorite People & a Boat

Living near the lake, we travel across the bridge several times a week.  During the day this is such a pretty drive, but when it is dark out, it is down right frightening.  It is pitch black out there.  Sure there are a few lamp posts, but honestly I don't think they do much.  Anyway, in our travels the kids have heard me say a hundred different times over the past year how I would like to have a sail boat, or probably just know someone that owns a sailboat.  I'm not sure why really.  I have never even stepped foot on a sailboat and I don't like lake water all all.  Sailboats just seem so relaxing, but I'm guessing the moment I realized I had to work my buns off and I couldn't just sit back on my pretty boat and sip fruity beverages I wouldn't like it so much.

So today, as we traveled across the bridge heading home Jack says, "I sure think it would be fun to take a boat ride."  I agreed it would be fun.  I have even discussed having a big hoopla on a boat for my 40th birthday.  Why?  I have no idea, but why the heck not?  Seems like a good time to me.  Jack then tells me how he wants music on the boat and by name, he lists each and every person he wants on the boat with him.  This was a really lengthy list so this is going to have to be one heck of a large boat.  He describes in great detail about how much fun this boat ride is going to be and he ends with, "if I could take a boat ride with all of my favorite people in the world, now that would be a really great day."  Indeed sweet boy, that would be a really great day.

Love to all.

PS - It is 77 degrees out....WOOHOO!
  

2 comments:

JC said...

Hmmmmm, we have a boat! Granted, it is not a sailboat and won't hold skads of people, but maybe someday when the kids are older????

Anonymous said...

That would be a great day!