Of course I couldn't stand the fact that the banana bread recipe was a disaster so I opted to try with something else. The recipe included not one, but two kinds of chocolate so it didn't take much to get me to try another baking recipe in the same day. I was discouraged, but not defeated. I opted for Cocoa cupcakes. Oh, dear heavens I am so glad I did. In the words of Rachel Ray, they were YUM-O. I will include the recipe for those of you that would like to try it.
Cocoa Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coca powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a bowl, sift flour, coca, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Rinse and dry beaters. IN a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on medium-low speed, beat in one-third of flour mixture, then half of buttermilk (yogurt). Repeat, ending with flour.
- Fold in one-third of egg whites. Fold in remaining whites and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups; bake until a toothpick inserted into center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to rack to cool completely. Sift confectioners' sugar over cupcakes.

1 comment:
Forget the recipe, just fix me some! They look wonderful. And so low-cal.
Post a Comment