8.10.2011

New Decor

For months, actually more than I care to admit, I have had two empty frames in the kitchen.  They weren't just in the kitchen, they were actually hanging on the wall.  You see I refinished some frames and Mark hung them up in an attempt to help motivate me to finish something I started and what did I do?  I started by adding one picture to the set of three and then I could never make up my mind on the other two.  This to-do has been carried over from one week to the next, but since the task of finding the perfect picture seemed daunting to me, I just kept pushing it off until the next week.  Well, we are having a little gathering this weekend to celebrate my genius husband latest accomplishment.  He is graduating from SMU with his Master's degree in engineering.  Isn't he a little smarty pants?  Seriously, very, very proud of him.  So since we are having people over and he once again asked me to add some pictures to the frames I decided I would try once again to come up with something.  I failed!  I simply couldn't decide.  However, in the midst of my failure to select the perfect picture (I have thousands and thousands, honest), I decided to try something else and I am beyond thrilled with how it all turned out.

Sometime ago, Julie over at Hahn Haus, used some Graphics Fairy prints in her guest bedroom and I just fell in love with what she did AND with the Graphics Fairy.  I have spent many hours perusing her site, my mind exploding with so many different ideas that I couldn't keep up.  So today, I decided I would take a look and see what I could come up with to fill these frames.  I almost couldn't make a decision because there are so many fabulous choices.  I chose two different options and printed them on scrapbook paper, trimmed them and then stained the edges with brown ink.  I wanted the paper to look a little old and since I cut the paper you could see the white edges and that didn't looked very nice.  I then added the print to a second piece of scrapbook paper, put it in the frame and put it back on the wall.  Now, I have frames that don't look so ridiculous and my husband won't have to make a joke about the empty frames when we have company over.

Yeah for marking things off of the to-do list and for really inexpensive (and cute) decorations.

Pictures aren't great, but you get the idea.  My arms were so tired from blowing up the swimming pool with a hang pump, (thank you very much for nothing Ryobi) that I could just barely hold up my camera.






 

4 comments:

The Hag said...

Awesome!

Mom said...

Those are great!! You are so creative, I am envious!!

The Hag said...

Oh, and BTW, they are SUPERAWESOME in person!!!! :)

Julie said...

So adorable! I love the browned edges ... what a great idea!