9.13.2011

Hummingbird, hummingbird shame on you!

Do you just love hummingbirds?  The whizzing around and their frantic attempts at hitting the jackpot of nectar that some kind soul decides to place right outside of their door for the pure joy of watching them fly about.  I love little hummingbirds and like a very old woman, I have found myself sitting and watching them for, well let's just say extended periods of time.  We have had up to three at a time and those little boogers fight one another for their spot at the feeder.  There are four spots, so there is plenty of room, but apparently hummingbirds are greedy and they lie to little girls too.  Did you know that hummingbirds were capable of talking to little girls?  No?  Well, neither did I, but apparently they do and you know what they told my precious 3 year old?  Why, they told her to cut her hair off and attempt to cut off her mothers too!  I no longer like hummingbirds.

The short story is this.  Julia cut her hair off and I will warn you in advance, do not say, "oh, it doesn't look that bad."  It does.  The pictures simply cannot show you the true extent of what this blonde haired beauty did.

I have learned that apparently she thought her bangs were too long and instead of asking for a haircut, or some help for that matter, she decided to cut it herself.  She also attempted to cut my hair, but thank goodness she wasn't able to get a good enough snip.

As I turned around to look at her, I must have had a look of pure horror on my face, because she instantly started screaming and saying, "please stop making that sad face mommy, stop."  I was very sad.  So sad that I laid awake last night trying to figure out how in the hell I am going to fix it.  Yes, yes hair grows back and heaven knows there are many bigger worries and concerns in this life, but for crying out loud!  She had the cutest haircut ever.

She is still stunning and Lord knows I love her, but I really wish she had asked for some help.  I certainly want her to be a strong, independent young lady, but lets learn to walk before we run.  I mean, she can't even cut paper, why did she think she could cut her hair?

After everyone stopped crying and calmed down, I asked her why she would cut her hair and she said, "the hummingbirds made me do it."

Well, I will be getting rid of that hummingbird feeder because those things are a bad influence.







4 comments:

Mom said...

Strong willed children, make for strong independent adults! Make that your "montra"!

Still the Beauty Queen!!

p-paw and Granma said...

We have a College of Cosmetology in Killeen....want me to sign her up....she's already doing better than some of the haircuts I've seen come out of there. I'm sure you "dolled" it up for the pictures but we think it look pretty cool!.....remember her Dad went through the weird hair days so the genes are there.....and by the way getting it clogged up with bubble gum as Mark or Jason did where you have to cut almost to the scalp....well makes for an interesting doo. PeePaw says "Go Julia!!" ---but stay away from the tools! Grandma is just laughing and saying it is "cute"!!!

Amy said...

How is it that none of you commented on my word choices? Apparently, know = no, Their = there and for = four. Those are the only ones I caught, and after the fact obviously. Hey, just be glad I added a post I guess :)

Julie said...

She still looks adorable!