9.27.2011

One down...

And many, many more armadillos to go, but hey at least our neighborhood is now minus one yard destroyer.  Hallelujah!

This creature was by far one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.  I was afraid to get really close to it so this was the best picture I could get.

What is this?  This is a hole that we keep trying to fill.  Mark finally buried some bricks and the armadillo just dug them up. Where you see dirt, we used to have grass.  Jerk!

This is the giant armadillo.  


The armadillo posse has done so much damage in the neighborhood that a few men (my husband included) walk the streets at night hunting these little jerks.  They are obsessed.  Although, I'm not sure what Mark would do as he has carries no weapons and thank heavens he doesn't have the heart to clock one in the head with his flashlight, but he did chase one.  Now, picture this.  A grown man chasing an armadillo at 11:30 at night.  Who won?  The armadillo!  Jerk ran into our yard, around the trap and out the back of the fence.  Oh, I wish you could have seen how mad he was that night.  Funny.

Anyway, so now in our backyard we have had the following:

rabbit
4 foot long snake
Possum
Skunk
scorpions
And the ever destructive armadillo

I am not cut out for this!

I saw one of the other obsessed guys this morning and he was so thrilled when I told him that we caught an armadillo, he delayed going to work so that he could come over and take pictures.

Oh, dear PETA animal control released this thing into the wild.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I am so glad you guys moved into the country!! So many wonderful stories of wild life!