1.11.2012

Armour Etch

If you have never used Armour Etch, you must give it a try.  Well, that is if you like using your artistic side and enjoy making things.

During one of my Pinterest perusing afternoons, I saw that someone had etched a trifle bowl as a wedding present.  It was simply beautiful and such a personal gift.  Of course I had to try it for myself.  Trouble was, I didn't have what I thought I needed to make a stencil, didn't know what I wanted to stencil AND I was afraid of the etching cream.  You see, they say on the bottle to wear thick gloves and goggles and if you get the cream on your skin you must seek immediate medical attention as it can cause severe burns.  What the heck?  I had no business using anything like this.  All I envisioned was a tiny drop of cream splattering on my face and eating away my cheek.  Yes, yes, very dramatic, but hey they seemed pretty serious about the severity of the burns.

Well, once Christmas time rolled around I had several things I wanted to attempt to make.  I was also attending a family Christmas party where we draw numbers and exchange gifts and I wanted to finish out my gift of The Boozy Baker  cookbook and cake server.  I thought that etched wine glasses would go quite nicely.  And they did! Here is the bonus, as it turns out I received my own gift to bring back home.  Worked out perfectly because tonight for Mark's birthday we will be having Donut Bread Pudding with Tennessee Whiskey sauce.  Is your mouth watering?  Well, it should be.  This dessert is going to be ridiculously fabulous.

Back to the etching cream.  Once you have your stencil created.  You apply this to your glass and cover the stencil with the cream.  They recommend leaving the cream on for only 60 seconds, but we found that about 6 minutes worked best and for a nice even coverage it seemed to worked out perfectly if you went through the process twice.  Once the time is up, you simply rinse off the cream and remove the stencil.  Perfection!  The possibilities are endless and this made such cute wine glasses.  We also made personalized motorcycle and Born to Ride glasses for my dad.

So try it out.  I think you will be quite pleased with the results.  Well, as long as you don't get any on your skin of course.

 
Safety first!








A follow up on a few my resolutions.

I have started the 1st Harry Pottery book
I have taken a picture of my children almost everyday (Jack is keeping tabs on me)
My car has stayed relatively clean
I have lost 3 pounds
I have exercised at least 3 times a week
I made the most delicious homemade sandwich bread - seriously, try this recipe.  It does not dissappoint.





No comments: