Well, my precious yittle yady is growing up. Growing up so quickly that she is learning to say her L's properly. What a sad day indeed. This is the time that you should all stop what you are doing and cry with me. Give it a good old cry. Let it all out. You will feel much better. Why? Why, is this such a big deal that it warrants all of these tears? Well, because she sounded so adorable when her L's were pronounced like a ya sound. I loved it. I didn't correct it. I didn't encourage her to pronounce it correctly. Why not you ask? That is quite simple. I knew she would learn to speak just fine and in her own time, but when she mispronounced words it reminded me that she was still little and since she is the last little person I have, well I wanted her to stay little as long as possible. This plan was working out quite nicely for me until her teacher thought she should teacher her the proper pronunciation. Apparently, she did not get my memo. She is on my list. (I'm seriously kidding. Her teacher is quite lovely).
Ok, so here is how it all played out. We were all having a lovely dinner and she is talking about my mom's dog Willough, whom she adores, and she says it quite clearly, exactly how it should sound. She didn't say "we-yo." Mark looked at me. I looked at him. We asked her to say a different word and again, quite clearly with the "L" sound. I just started crying. Really crying. It was heart breaking to me. Crushing really. I know that sounds simply absurd, but I absolutely loved those sounds. I loved how she said her own name, "jew-ya," even though her name is quite clearly a 3 syllable name. I even tried to reverse the damage, but I was unsuccessful. Her teacher taught her how to say her L's. How dare her really!
So when you now speak to her she sounds bigger, she looks bigger and taller, she is smarter. She is about to go off to college. Gosh, that is how it feels. People, if I cry over stinking L's how will I ever handle leaving for college? Heaven help me!
 |
Admiring her beautiful face. (don't mind the pile of clothes in the background. It was laundry day, or at least that is what I'm telling you) |
 |
| This is Mark and Jack's most recent project. This was Jack's idea and they worked together to cut it, sand it, and paint it. Do you like the Lego ambulance that is holding it up for the picture? Very high tech around here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment