2.12.2012

A bunch of smarty pants

I live with a bunch of smarty pants people.  For today's post I'm not referring to 'smarty' as back talking, sarcastic or mouthy, I'm actually referring to intelligent people and two of the four people in this house are 6 and under and I still believe them to be intelligent little people.  Yes, yes I am their mother, but I still believe it to be true.  What is all this about?  Well, a bit of great news for the Haisler family.  Our boy child was recently tested for the gifted and talented program at school and he was ACCEPTED.  How exciting is that?  Incredibly (I answered for you).  Oh, just give me my moment of gloating.  I'll go back to my regular self in just a moment I promise.  All kidding aside, this is really exciting news and we are thrilled that he will be exposed new educational experiences.  We are very proud of him.

Now, as you all know he of course gets his brains from his mother.  It's true really.  Surely none of you find this to be shocking.  I know, I know, everyone thinks that Mark is the rocket scientist and overall genius of the house, and I do my best to make him believe that he is the superior intellectual being and all, but come on folks, let's face it, I am the brains behind this well oiled machine over here so obviously, I mean obviously, Jack got his brains from his mother.  Right?  Right?  Oh, who am I kidding?  His dad is the modern day Einstein over here.  Heck, even Jack would agree.

Just the other night as we were celebrating his accomplishment we were talking about this program and Mark was telling him all of the exciting things he experienced when he was in the gifted and talented program when he was younger and Jack turns to me and says, "Mommy, were you in this program too?"  Unfortunately, I had to say "no."  Little did I know that I should have followed it up with the number of degrees I have completed in my short life because he started laughing and said, "ooooooo, mommy isn't smart."  What the heck?  I mean seriously kid!  It was all in good fun and we all had a good little laugh, but secretly I was nervous.  Nervous that in no time flat my 6 year old is also going to surpass me in the intelligence department.  What will I do then?  Oh, what will I do?

Look at that cute little monkey.  Good looking and smart, man double trouble.

See, just like his daddy...brains and good looks.  Yowza!


 

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, to have smart kids is wonderful, no matter who they get it from. The important things they get from their parents is love and support which I know that both you and Mark give them. We love them both.

JC said...

Oops,perhaps more discussion is needed to explain that GT doesn't always mean just "smarts" in school! So Mom is GT in other things!