2.16.2012

Valentine's Day

I have been frantically preparing for Valentine's Day for about a week.  Decorations, food, cards, Valentine's for classmates, gifts for teachers, red finger nails.  You get the idea.  I had two little projects I was working on and sadly only one of them was finished.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  I ran into a little snag with my Silhouette a few days ago.  We were not speaking the same language.  This happens to me a lot.  I'll finish this week and we will just say that I am really prepared for next year.

For the kids valentines I decided to go with dinosaurs and owls for the class parties.  Jack has a thing for dinosaurs and I have a thing for owls (Julia doesn't really care).  They both turned out really cute and were incredibly easy to make.  Much cuter than store bought, in my opinion.  Jack wants to make certain that we keep all of his cards because he doesn't want to forget his friends.  I think I'll make him a book like I did for our Christmas cards.  Again, another simple project.  (see below)  

Valentine's day for us is always a simple one, but we always have an extra special dinner with dessert.  Dinner here is always a sit down with our family of four, but I tried to do a little extra on this day.  I always want to have dinner together.  As crazy and chaotic as many of our dinners are I think it is important that we sit and talk.  Maybe one day I can get up from the table only to clean the plates instead of every 2 minutes.  I swear I am convinced that people wait until I sit down to ask for something.  Ha!  Funny thing, my mother used to say the exact same thing.  Must just be part of it I guess.

Well, I hope each of you felt loved on Valentine's Day, as well as every other day.

Love,

Amy
 




The subway art was found through Eighteen25 and the "i love you" sign was a team effort for me and Mark



I used a printable from Artsy-Fartsy Mama.  Simply love here site.  So many FABULOUS ideas




The dinosaurs were all found at the dollar store.  Custom valentines cost a mere $3.  LOVE!
Jack adding his signature.  



I got the idea for these from Lullaby Lubbock




I had several ideas for teacher gifts, but overcommitted myself so I opted for a tin filled with Hershey's hugs and kisses. Turned out cute.  It was simple.  The kids liked their gifts.  Hey, everyone needs a little chocolate.  Right?

My sleepy fella eating is heart shaped cinnamon toast.  He seemed happy, so mamma was happy too.  The bananas were sliced and in a heart shape, but you can't tell here.

The little lady and I painted our nails RED.



My favorite little man with his Prince Charming pin given to him by our cousins Jan and John.   He has worn it twice this week.   


I opted for very little candy this year.  I knew they would get tons of candy and they are little candy monsters so I decided we would do something different.  I made 14 tickets (you know the 14th and all) for activities, such as "eat dessert first."  What do you think they did next?
Umm, they at this first.  Wouldn't you?

Isn't she gorgeous?  Gosh.

This is Mark (obviously) reading 8 different memories of our lives together.  He thinks I don't remember anything, which I don't, but I remember things involving him.  Seriously folks, this guy was a major catch and we have had a really good time together.  These memories are good ones.  Well, except for the time he refused to buy me a Saab.  I was going to look really good driving that car.  I kid, I kid. 

This is the book I created with our 2011 Christmas cards.  Turned out perfectly.  Only took me 2 months to finish it.  Hey, better late than never right?  It will be nice to look back on these next year and see how all of the kids have grown and changed, new additions to families, etc.  I love it.  

1 comment:

JC said...

Would love to hear and see more about the memory book with cards. Need ideas!