Well, yesterday Jack had to make a visit to see Dr. Shinn and instead of asking her if she was mean or nice, he simply told her, and I quote "you are so mean". Let me give you a little background so that you can get the full effect of yesterdays events.
Jack has (we think) strep throat and of course they have to use a tongue depressor to check things out and he wanted no part of that at all, so much so that when she even got close to his mouth he gagged and then proceeded to throw up on me. Let me say, the palm of your hand is not a good way to save your pants from the spray, it just runs through your fingers and now your hands are dirty (and stinky) too. Anyway, he proceeded to tell her that she was "so mean" and that she wasn't allowed to "touch him" and that she needed to "get out of here". Now, some of you may think that a youngster shouldn't be talking to adults this way, and I agree; however, having been a child of many, many, many strep throat illnesses, I completely understood why he was so upset.
So we finally get through the swabbing (tickling) of the throat and we wait. When the doctor returns he glares at her and says, "are you going to use those sticks again"? To which she replied, "no, I'm just going to talk here" and Jack responded with "well, you better not talk to me". Ha, you better not talk to me. Hilarious! I know, I know, it's terrible, but also a little bit funny too. The kid was dead serious. Needless to say, she did not address him for the remainder of the visit.
We made it home, but I'm afraid that Dr. Shinn will forever be on Jack's list and she is really a nice lady. According to Jack, she is just plain M E A N.
Later -
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment