6.02.2009

Nature Trail

This past week I took the kids out to the Nature Preserve in Plano. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was great. There is a 2 mile trail through the park with tons of flowers, butterflies and lots of little animals. Now, had Julia been in better spirits we might have seen more than one little jackrabbit, but since she insisted on screaming through the trail because she dropped her marshmallows, I'm fairly certain that she scared off all of the little creatures. Aside from that it was really very pretty and a nice little walk. They have a great shaded playground for the kids, which is a necessity in Texas.

Jack was having a grand time after lunch playing on the playground, so much so that he ran over to tell me that he had made a new friend. I thought this was great, but within about 3 minutes they were no longer friends. The little kid grabbed two big handfuls of bark and threw it right in Jack's face. Jack of course ran over and said, "that boy is mean, he just threw stuff in my face. Why would he do that"? I had no response, but fortunately the mom ran over and made the kid go home. Before he could leave Jack made certain that each time he came near, which was a few more times before they left the park, to remind him that he threw stuff in his face and that it wasn't nice. Man, that kid won't let you forget anything.

As you can see the kids had a great time, so much so they passed out in the car within minutes. Now that my friends is a good playground.

Love ya -

Amy




Posted by Picasa

No comments: