
Some might be thinking, why a post about procrastination? I'm sure you come here to read cute little stories and find cute pictures of my little people. Well, I am writing about procrastination, because I am a procrastinator so this post is more for myself so there is a constant reminder (not really constant, but you get the idea) that there is something that I need to do. You see, I am stuck, actually paralyzed by fear (bit of an exaggeration) and afraid to move forward and try something new. I am excited to do something that I long to do, yet afraid to do anything about it. My friggin awesome husband asks me ever so kindly about once a week if I have worked on my portfolio pictures and once a week I have to say "no". Why don't I just do it? I can only think it is because of fear. I have the pictures and some darn good ones, but I keep putting it off. I mean, I'm not Ansel Adams or Annie Leibovitz, but I have some pretty sweet pictures so the only reason I can come up with is fear. Speaking of Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz, even those two famous artists had to start somewhere and no one even cared about Ansel Adams until he was dead. Anyway, I digress. Why is something new so frightening? Especially something that you enjoy. Is it the fear of failure? If you never try, then you will never fail I guess, but then don't you always know that you didn't try? You will always know that you just sat around your entire life wanting to do something, but never getting off your butt to do anything about it. I am good about encouraging others to try new things or to task reasonable risks for greater rewards, so maybe I need to practice what I preach and listen to my own advice.
So this is my goal - by Friday July 12th I need to have my 10-15 portfolio pictures ready.
Love - Amy
PS - why the lame picture of myself? Procrastinators are lame...
1 comment:
I know it's frightening to try something new, but I have to say, you have a talent, an AMAZING talent. I'm proud to say I've known it since my baby girl was a baby and saw the amazing pictures you took of her. I have received so many compliments on the pics you've taken of us and believe in you. You can do this, I know it!
Post a Comment