Oh, I have two fabulous little chefs on my hands. The kids love to cook, help mix up little recipes, make gigantic messes, devour their creations and then leave. Gosh, if only I could get them to clean up that would be awesome!
Since the holiday madness we haven't done much cooking lately, or at least the little people haven't. They received a cookbook from Santa that has been sitting on the recipe stand for weeks. Honestly I felt a little guilty having not tried one of the recipes with them so last night I was flipping through and I saw something that I knew they would love for breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes! First of all, what kid doesn't like pancakes? Second, what kid doesn't like chocolate chips? And finally, we are talking about my children here so you know that they would love dessert for breakfast. DESSERT FOR BREAKFAST! It was a fabulous idea. Well, at least my children would find it fabulous and that was all that really mattered.
They also received chefs hats and aprons over the holidays and let me just say, they are the cutest sous chefs ever. Ever I tell you!
This morning they gathered their cooking attire, baking supplies, special utensils and started mixing. They each sorted out who would get what supplies (measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula, etc.). Surprisingly, it worked out fairly even. They measured and mixed and I did the cooking. I'm fairly certain that Jack would be just fine learning to flip a pancake with supervision. However, if I let him then Jules would most certainly demand that she get to do the EXACT same thing and I just didn't want to fight that battle this morning. So I started cooking and these two ran off to have a tea party. Is this the best morning ever? I couldn't even believe it. Maybe they were so thrilled to be having dessert for breakfast they were confused. I kid, I kid.
I called them to come for breakfast and they rushed down as if they hadn't eaten in days. If I didn't know better, I would have thought they were actually drooling from the anticipation of dessert for breakfast. They must have thought I had gone mad or something. They of course devoured the pancakes sprinkled with powdered sugar of course. It was such a fabulous way to start the day.
Now, if only the men that came to repair my garage door this morning had been blessed with dessert for breakfast, they might have been more inclined to do what they came here to do instead of saying, "someone will be in touch." Oh, that was OK. It was too cold to stand outside with them anyway.





2 comments:
Maybe they would like to come and cook for P-Paw and Grandma.
Those pancakes look wonderful....and those chef so precious.
Post a Comment