5.19.2011

Re-purposed cabinet

It seems that the word "recycled" is out and "re-purposed" is in, or maybe it just seems people are using a new buzz word because they are tired of the word "recycled".  Or maybe, re-purposed it totally different from recycling.  I do know what recycling means, I'm just saying people use re-purposed a lot.  Moving on.  See, totally out of practice with my blog.  I have got to step it up.  I wanted to FINALLY get around to showing you our re-purposed cabinet.  Mark, while a brilliant engineer (no lie), I think he missed his calling by redoing furniture.  He has done some beautiful things so far.  My next project for him, when I find it, is a new (old) dresser for the little lady and possibly some other items that we don't need, but I think would look really cool.  You know, everyone likes to have a few interesting pieces in their home.  Anyway....

This is the cabinet right after I purchased it






This is the first coat of the funky color.  We choose something a little (a lot) different from our normal color scheme since we gravitate toward earth tones.  We decided to add a little pizazz.  It looks really bright at this stage.



And this is finished.  He distressed it and then added a walnut stain and clear coat to finish it off.  I love it, love it, love it.  Well, as much as someone can love a cabinet that they refinished for their powder bathroom.  It looks perfect in there too.  




See now, none of our guests have to yell at us to bring them some extra toilet paper.  I swear that has never happened.  Close though...


Thank you to my sweet husband for all of his hard work and for finishing ALL of our projects.  We can only handle one person like me in this household.  

Amy







No comments: