5.28.2011

Saying Goodbye to Preschool



I cannot believe that Thursday was Jack's last day of preschool.  His last day!  This past year has gone by so quickly and he has grown up so much in such a short period of time.  I am thankful for his school and all that he has learned this year.  His teacher, Mrs. Angie, was a previous Kindergarten teacher and she really worked to prepare him for this coming year.  If only she could have taught him that the zipper on your pants is supposed to be up and not down.  Isn't that part of the curriculum?  We talk to him about this ALL OF THE TIME.  We make the joke of, "your cows are getting out."  He almost always responds with, "I like my cows to get out."  Well, ok then.  I guess there are worse things.  It will only take once for some kid at school or and unkind teacher (Thank you Mrs. Cox) to call him out and he will make certain that his zipper is up.  


Mrs. Angie and Jack, pre-K.  We will miss you.

I have commented a lot lately about how quickly time is passing, but honestly it is so true.  It is flying by.  He is still so little, yet he seems so grown up all at the same time.  He still lets me curl up with him for a few minutes at bedtime, which is always a reminder of how little he really is.  Just the other night he said, "Mommy, I like you.  You are my best friend."  Oh for heavens sake!  I was just a big old puddle.  What mother doesn't want to hear that?  I'm trying to soak all of those precious moments up because I know that all too soon there will come a day when he doesn't want his mom to curl up with him at bedtime and he just might not freely tell me that I am his best friend.  His best friend will be someone else.  At least for a time.  I mean I am awesome so in the end why wouldn't he choose me to be his best friend?  Hey, it happens people.   Right?

I love that precious boy and all of his wildly fabulous and wonderful ways.  I do wonder why he cannot sit still though.  He actually cannot sit still.  I have never seen anything like it really.  He flops around the living room as if he has ants in his pants, and trust me he does not have ants in his pants.  I can ask him to sit still and he does for all of 30 seconds and then there he goes again, wiggling and flopping about the room.  It is incredible.  Although, he can sit still if we allow him time to play video games.  Go figure.

Our precious boy is getting bigger and he is growing up.  I am excited about the next chapter in his life.

But first, we have got to enjoy our summer!  We have a long list of things we are going to do.  It should be a fabulous time.



The slip 'n slide is a lot harder than you think.  He is getting the hang of it though.



Jacks parting words for his sweet teacher


 
Our end of year gift for Mrs. Angie.  You can use just about anything as a stamp.    The bag was so cute and was a big hit with his teacher.   I am going to have to make others as gifts, or just for myself.






What is this you ask?  This is the little lady pouting because her brother won't give her a hug.  Look at that lower lip.  She uses this tactic with her Daddy A LOT!



And this?  Well, this is her realizing that we think she is silly so she is trying not to laugh.  She was unsuccessful.  







No comments: