6.09.2011

Week Two of Summer

Well, week two of our summer break has turned out to be another fun, yet busy week.  The kids started swim lessons on Monday.  This is the first time either of them have had lessons.  Everyone was having a great time until yesterday.  Yesterday, Jack moved up to the next level and it was all about floating.  Floating is fine, but the first move they did was face down floating and the poor kid hated it.  After that he had a difficult time getting back on track.  We are optimistic that today is going to be a little easier.

I just wanted you to see the water.  It is like glass.  










Julia she LOVES her lessons and she squeals with delight just about the entire time.  She still won't go under water and until she does, she won't be able to move up to the next level.  I tried to talk to her, as much as one can talk and/or reason with a 3 year old, and explain that part of swimming was going under water.  I tried to tell her that she wouldn't be able to move up to the next level and learn how to float if you hasn't learned to go under water.  What did she say, "that's OK.  I don't want to."  Well, OK then.








They are having a fun time and enjoying being in the water so for now I guess that is all that matters really.

This morning Jack went with Mark to "Take to Child to Work Day."  He was so excited.  They were both excited I think.  I asked Mark if he was going to take pictures, but then he reminded me that they do not allow cameras of any kind so the answer was a definitive, "no."  Ummm, how are you going to document this day without a camera?  You must document all things, or so I think.  My gosh, we even take pictures of our food for crying out loud.  Fortunately for me, they have a designated picture taking area.  Whew!  I cannot wait to hear about how much fun he had with his daddy.  Yesterday, when he was having his haircut he said this to the stylist, "yeah, I'm having my hair cut because I am going to make some money with Daddy tomorrow.  I'm going to work!"  Ah, funny kid.

Bright and early.  Out of the house at 6:45!

New do.  You can actually see his beautiful eyes.




Did you know that Tuesday was "Eat Chocolate Ice Cream" day?  Don't tell my kids.  I forgot.  I might have to make up for it today.  Not sure if that is for them or for me.  Hey, win/win right?

Hope you are all having a fantastic week.




1 comment:

JC said...

Yea for the swimming lessons! Good to see Jack's eyes! How handsome both the Haisler men are on their way to work. Can't wait to hear how the day went!