1. The other afternoon I had thrown some clothes on the bed and Jack walked into the room grabbed a bra and said, "here mommy, here is your boobie thing". I of course started laughing. Seriously, how could I not? So I just rolled along and all of a sudden he started singing "I like boobies and that's ok, I like boobies and that's ok". I could barely control my laughter. As soon as he realized this was humorous he kept singing. Man, that is a funny kid. Now, I can only assume that he heard his dad sing that song or something. Moving on :)
2. Jack came out of his room and had obviously been eating something chocolate. Now the rule here is that he has to ask for candy, so he must have a secret stash some place that I don't know about. Well, I asked him, "Jack are you eating any candy"? He stops, looks at me with a straight face, but with a sarcastic voice he says, "well mommy, not anymore". Oh goodness are we in a world of trouble if those are the responses that we get at such a young age. I must give him credit though...he did answer honestly.
3. Now, this is a bit of a tattle on myself, but I'm ok with a little self humiliation every now and again. We are all human after all. I haven't felt well this week and several times when I was out I noticed that I really needed to stop for gas, but each time we were in a hurry to get some place and I would say to myself, "self, do it next time you go out". Well, Wednesday morning we went to school and again I had that same little self talk. The day moves along nicely, we make it to school, everyone has a nice day and it is time to go home. The kids are all loaded up and ready to get home. Jack has already started negotiating whether or not he will get to watch any television and if so, for how long. I go to start the car and it makes this puttering sound and just dies. Well, initially it didn't register so I went about loading everything into the back. I get back into the car and try again and once again I hear the same puttering sound and the cars dies. I immediately know what I have done. I freaking ran out of gas at 35 years old with two kids in the car! Seriously! I mean I have not run out of gas since I was a teenager. This just isn't something I do. Fortunately, I was able to call the man that comes to my rescue every time I need him and he was immediately on his way. In order to kill a little time we head over to the school playground for a bit. Now, the funny part of this story is that each time a parent or another teacher came by Jack felt it necessary to tell them all that we had run out of gas. I honestly wanted to dig a hole and stick my head in it. Not that this is the worst thing in the world, because Lord knows it isn't, but I just don't do things like this......teenagers and procrastinators do things like this and I am neither, well at least not one of them anyway :)
I can assure you that I have adopted a new policy of filling up when I reach a 1/4 tank :)
Here are some pics of my fabulous babies.
Love ya -
AmyPS Julia gets more pics this go round because the stories are all about Jack. Oh, but in reference to a previous post, she is working on her 1st tooth - WOO HOO!


No comments:
Post a Comment