7.23.2009

Painting stinks!

So as you all know by now, we are painting the house and I swear I have been high for 2 days now. High from the fumes of course. Seriously! Anyway, the smell is terrible, just awful. There is a reason that we hired people to paint this go round. Had I started painting with oil based paint I would have lasted about 1 hour and I would have thrown in the towel. I have a tendency to start projects and am all hyped about it and then I peter out. Yes, I just said "petered out". Gosh, really losing my focus today....again the fumes are getting to me. Ok, back to painting. We are stuck in the back of the house and as you know our house isn't that large so by "the back of the house" I mean our room or Jack's room primarily. So needless to say we have had some movie watching over the past two days. And as you all know (gosh, you guys know a lot) we don't let the kids watch a lot of tv so it has been killing me to watch Jack zone out to the computer, but he thinks this whole experience is AWESOME! Ok, so he has been watching tv and this morning I was getting ready and I walk into the room to see him sitting there looking at the wall. His back was to the computer screen and he was just sitting there looking at the wall. I watched for a minute or so to see what he was doing and he didn't move so I finally asked what was up. He responded with "I'm scary". See, that is what he says when he is scared. He had been watching a little animated, G rated movie so I couldn't figure out what was scary. It just so happens that there is a character in there that is a bad guy and in this one part he talks in a mean voice to this little boy. Jack knew this part was coming up so he just turned to the wall so that he didn't have to see it.

Here are some pictures from yesterday when we escaped for breakfast at the Dream Cafe. The weather was perfect outside and they had a playground for the kids so it was a fabulous morning. Ahhhhh, thankful for a good life!

Julia is rocking out her new sunglasses that are a little small for her head and Jack is about to devour his french toast with whipped cream AND syrup. Is there any other way to eat french toast? Bring on the sugar baby!

Love ya -

Amy





No comments: