4.18.2010

Frogs vs. Toads

Jack is a very inquisitive child and if he ever hears about something new, he wants details.  Admittedly, I have to look up a lot.  Thank goodness for the Internet!  While, we didn't look anything up, this was a funny exchange between me and Jack yesterday morning while discussing whether or not Daddy liked the new furniture in the living room.  I was having my morning caffeine fix and he was having his chocolate milk fix.

Jack (burps)

Mommy - "Oh my gosh, that was terrible."

Jack - "It sounded like a frog or something."

Mommy - "A frog or maybe a toad, dude that was loud.  What do you say?"  I'm hoping for an "excuse me," but I didn't get one

Jack - "What is a toad?"

Mommy - "Well, it's kind of like a frog, but it's a toad.  We should look it up and then we will both know what makes a frog a frog and a toad a toad."

Jack - "Ok, Mommy let's look up turd games."

Mommy - "What?"

Jack - "Let's look up turd games.  You know like we look up pumpkin games on the computer?"

Side note, if you ever bring up a subject of interest he often wants you to also find a game that he can play on the computer.  Anyway....

Mommy - "Why are you talking about turds Jack?  We were talking about frogs and toads.  I don't like potty talk."

Jack - "I wasn't doing potty talk.  I wanted to find a game about turds.  That is what we were talking about frogs and turds."

Mommy - "Oh my gosh kid, it's TOADS, not turds."

He laughs, "Oh, yeah that's what I meant, toads."

That is some funny stuff right there.  This is a tough age and he is causing me some serious wrinkles and if I had dark hair, I bet you would see some grays in there, but moments like these, well it makes it worth it.  

Love ya - 

Amy

1 comment:

The Hag said...

Funny, funny, funny! Wish I was awake for that one! Turd games. Classic!