4.23.2010

Little Voyeur

Today was like Grand Central Station around here.  We had 4 different contractors here working on various issues.  As and soon as I would start a conversation with one, another would show up.  So needless to say, I was jumping from person to person and was foolishly relying on my kids to take care of themselves.  Yes, crazy I know, but sometimes, if they are playing well together this works out just fine.  Today, it didn't work out that way.  The kids were excitedly screaming at the contractors and I couldn't think so I turned on the tv, which worked like a charm for Jack, but Jules, well that little girl has a mind of her own.  She is a very interesting little person.  All of a sudden I see Julia walking by with a diaper in her hand, but I didn't think much about it.  I was trying to deal with the plumber and then the guys were in the master bath working on the counter tops.  Well, I realize that she has gone in with the counter top guys and I am rushing in there to get her out of their way and what do I see?  I see my daughter standing there with her pants down around her feet, no diaper, yelling "I tee-tee, I tee-tee."  I rush over, pull her pants up (the diaper is no where in sight) and I rush to another bathroom.  That was a bad idea because she already had it in her mind to use the bathroom she was in and once the girl makes up her mind, well, that's it (she comes by this naturally).  I go to another bathroom anyway and she is yelling and screaming about the other bathroom to which I try to explain (pointless really) and she continues to scream.  I give up and go on to something else.  The countertop guys come back to ask me another question, I turn my back on Julia to answer the question and when I turn back there she is again.  Flipping pants are down around her ankles and yes no diaper.  My gosh, with all of the chaos when did I have time to get a diaper?

I guess I should be thankful that she hadn't soiled herself in front of people.  This parenting thing is a tough job.  It is not for the faint of heart and these two little people, while fabulous and wonderful (I say this sincerely) are going to cause me to have A LOT of gray hairs.  Thank goodness I am a blonde and you can't tell.

So beware the next time you are around, my child may flash you because I have a little voyeur on my hands.  Remember this?

I hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: