Anyway, I had all of these plans of things that we were going to do today and so far we have done two of them. We went to an Earth Day event at Pottery Barn (no I didn't buy anything) and we went to the Farmers Market to buy some local produce. I wanted to plant some flowers today, but the kids fell asleep and well, it's difficult to walk around the flower shop when your kids are slumped over in their chairs. It just seemed wrong to wake them, so I didn't.
We do have a mini book that we are going to read later today about ways that we can help the earth, but do you hear that sound? No? You hear silence! Silence! Both of my children are asleep and while I should be doing things I am too afraid to make a sound in fear of waking them up. Why is this such a big deal? It is a big deal because my son doesn't take naps, but apparently on Earth Day he takes naps in order to conserve energy or something. I don't know, but I have enjoyed just a few minutes to myself today.
Ok, so back to Earth day. This morning while we were getting ready Jack informed me that we "should go hug trees today. It would be fun." We did hug a tree today and well, it WAS fun.
What do these pictures have to do with Earth Day you ask? Well, they happened on Earth Day, does that count? We had lunch today at Chuy's and the kids were given push-ups for dessert. I took a picture because surprisingly this is the first push-up that they have ever had. At least I have never given them one and Jack told me that this was new to him. They loved it! It had sugar in it so of course they loved it.



No comments:
Post a Comment