The kids received a new cookbook, Bean Appetit, as a thank you gift from our realtor. The book has really creative ideas for kids meals, a few dinnertime games, and different tasks for young chefs to accomplish while working in the kitchen. There was one recipe in particular that I thought Jack would try it if he would JUST TRY IT. It is roll-ups made with eggs baked in the oven, cheddar cheese and spinach pesto (spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil). We started out with him agreeing to help make it, but he wasn't going to eat it. I just rolled with it. I was trying to remain optimistic that he would try it. I will admit to getting really annoyed with his eating habits sometimes. I mean it will try absolutely any kind of candy, any kind of candy, but when it comes to other foods he automatically doesn't like them although he has never tried it before. So he helped make scramble the eggs and pour them in the pan, he helped spread the pesto after the eggs were cooked and he helped roll them up and slide toothpicks in place. I think that is what sealed the deal. He had to try it because he had fun making it. I tried to move as quickly as possible because I was afraid he would change his mind, but he didn't. He asked for seconds and thirds! It was fabulous, but honestly it was delicious so if he said otherwise I would have thought he was crazy. Both of the kids just devoured their breakfast. I didn't say a word until breakfast was over though. My gosh, if I pointed it out I feared he would stop eating immediately.
Later we had a nice walk and a trip to the local park. So far, very nice day.
What does this picture of Jules have to do with anything? Nothing actually, only that after breakfast she decided to use my workout pants as a dress. She sat out on the back patio and watched the trucks for about 15 minutes.





2 comments:
That looks like so much fun and tasty! Wish I could have tried some. Anyway, my homemade granola was delicious!
Jack commented that he wished you were here because you would have really liked it. Oh, he also said, "Daddy sure is cool."
Post a Comment