There is funny sarcasm and mean sarcasm and I certainly know the difference. I have dished out both on numerous occasions, but usually it is humorous sarcasm. I said recently that I think humor and sarcasm are close cousins. Maybe I only think that because I am dishing it out. I don't know. Anyway, we have raised a quick witted child, laced with a little sarcasm. I guess it depends on the situation as to whether or not you think it is sarcasm or wit. I do think that Jack is really funny though. The other day he told me I was A LOT (referring to my age). Today, he was a little sarcastic, but witty at the same time. I enjoyed it. I get the sarcastic humor though. Some do not.
Mark tries to say that I am the sarcastic one, but so is he. Seriously, who is he kidding?
So, this afternoon I saw this commercial where grown people were taking naps at lunch, which I thought was funny. Don't you all really want to do that? I know one adult that still does take naps and has done so for years and my grandmother used to go take a nap in her car at lunchtime. I really think they must have the right idea. Anyway, I commented to Jack (he hates naps) that "some people like to take naps." Instantly he came back with this, "well, some people don't like naps. One of those people would be me. Ok?"
"Ok." That's all I said, with a little laughter.
Not much else for the day.
4.29.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment