11.07.2009

Happy Anniversary!

What an awesome 6 years! Yeah us! Yes, I am bragging for a moment but only because I feel very fortunate and very blessed to have been married for 6 years. I know it sounds so cliche', but I do feel like the luckiest girl ever.

Six years ago I hit the jackpot and married the perfect man for me. Six years ago today I was sitting in my mothers living room watching Father of the Bride (not on purpose) over and over. I was so nervous. I wasn't nervous about getting married. It was the waiting that was torture. It felt like time stood still. I couldn't wait. I just couldn't stand the waiting. Although, I was not thrilled about walking down that reeeeeeeally long isle. For those of you that were there, it was very long and considering the fact that I am not a big fan (Jack says that now) of "all eyes on me" I will admit I was nervous about that. Well, actually I figured I might trip and fall and then roll down to meet my groom. But alas, the time finally arrived and I didn't trip and fall. It was perfect. In that moment, I didn't see anyone but my handsome groom. My gosh, he was like Hollywood handsome. Seriously! It was as if we were in a little bubble and the rest of the world had faded away. It was our moment and it was beautiful. I laughed and cried. I believe I even did a Mesquite girl "whoo hoo" after they announced "Mr. and Mrs. Haisler". I loved absolutely every single moment. I had finally found my lobster (those FRIENDS fans will get the reference).

A lot has happened over the past six years. We have been through 4 job changes (three of those are mine), a new home, 2 beautiful children, and another new home. I have loved our home and struggled with leaving, but Mark said something not long ago that clicked with me. I struggled because this was our first home. Our children were born here (well, not actually.....I'm not that kind of girl, I needed the drugs). During one of my struggles he said, "Amy, it is not the walls that made this a home, WE did and we will make the new home in GP Junction home too." And we will.

So, a lot has happened, life has happened and I feel very fortunate with this life. I feel like I hit the jackpot six years ago and while I admit that I am not diligent with prayer, one thing that I always give thanks for is my sweet, wonderful, thoughtful, generous, supportive, handsome (hollywood handsome), AWESOME husband. ALWAYS.

Happy Anniversary!

No comments: