11.03.2009

Need a Bloody Murdy?

As you all know, we are moving........YEAH and OH CRAP! So being true to form, I am a little frazzled because I honestly don't know where to start. I aimlessly wander around trying to figure out where to start. See, it is difficult to know what to pack first when you still have three weeks, yet it isn't wise to wait until the last minute because then it is really full blown panic mode. You see, I need to pack this house, edit 4 photo shoots (Yeah baby!), and I still have a bum tooth and I am not making it up either. Maybe you didn't even think that I was, but I think that people think I am making it up so I just needed to clarify that. Anyway, today after picking up the kids I decided that we would go to the park instead of coming back here. I mean, there is no need in forcing my children to watch me walk around with no real purpose so we went to the park and had a lovely time. Jack made a little friend and Julia showed no signs of fear when it came to climbing the rock wall or any of the other parts of the jungle gym that she had no business being on. Seriously, the girl is FEARLESS. We are in so much trouble! After the park we headed to the grocery store since we have no edible food here. Actually, that is a flat out lie, but what I mean by that is that there was nothing that I deemed worthy of dinner. I am starting to feel some pangs of anxiety while at the store because I know that I have a lot to do and I keep going back to the "where do I start" thing. In this particular moment Jack says, "mommy, can I have cinnamon toast, yogurt and green beans for dinner?" What do you think I said? Well, normally, I would have said no, but I didn't want an argument so I said, "sure." That is my word, "sure". We make it home and I still allowed this ridiculous dinner, but thinking that they would actually eat something later since it was a little early when all of this was taking place. Jack is enjoying this gourmet meal that I threw together (literally) when he says, "mommy, you are such a good cook. Thank you for making this for me." Oh! That was crushing! I work really hard making meals around here, I love to cook and my son thinks that cinnamon toast and yogurt (we didn't even get to the green beans) is a wonderful meal.

Please, all of my avid readers, sign me up for Mother of the Year and send me Julia Childs cookbook so that I can learn some French recipes to show my son that I really am a good cook.

Going to have a Bloody Murdy :)

Love ya -

Amy

Jack asked me later if I wanted a Bloody Murdy. Well, yes son, I think I could use a nice Bloody Murdy



1 comment:

The Hag said...

I need a bloody murdy as well. By the way, that is a beautiful picture of Jules.

And get busy... ;)