11.19.2009

Memories, so many memories


Today is the eve of the big closing day. OMG! I always knew we would sell this house. Even when we bought it, we knew that we wouldn't be here for more than 5-7 years, but my gosh 5 1/2 years has literally flown by. I sit here and my brain is scanning a thousand different memories from this home. Some memories and big events and others are just little passing moments that were monumental enough to be stored away in the memory bank. It has been a wonderful home, one that I will miss greatly. Kind of makes me teary-eyed to think of leaving, but goodness, I can't change my mind now. Almost all of our possessions are in two PODS.

There are just so many fond memories from this home. Oh, the current memory is when Mark was in Vegas for Jason's bachelor weekend, Jack (about 18 months old at the time) helped me plant tons and tons of flowers in the backyard. He had so much fun digging in the dirt. He was such a good helper. Actually, he is still a really good little helper and likes to do things. Gosh, that seems so long ago. Oh my, I remember bringing that little guy home. It was December and we were so afraid that he might be cold in here we had the heater turned up so high that Mark and I had to walk around in our skivies because it was THAT hot in here. I know all of our guests were miserable, but hey from that time moving forward it has been all about him, and now all about the little Beauty Queen. But, hey I had 32 years of thinking that the world revolved around me, so it was only time for it to be about someone else.

I remember the first time Jack got (fell) out of his crib and game stumbling down the hall, into the living room as if it was like any other day. It was another night of struggling to get that kid to go to bed and finally Mark makes it to sit with me in the living room and we were watching some random show when all of a sudden Jack is just standing there like "hey, guys what's up?" I can still picture Mark's face. It was a look of shock and then we just kind of laughed and he took him back to his bed.

I will fondly remember both of the kids sitting in the front window seat. It isn't a seat at all, but their buns are so small, it was the perfect spot for them. They have watched the squirrels, watched the gardner (sounds fancier than "lawn guy"), watched stray cats frolic in the front lawn, watched their Daddy work outside all from that front window.

I can say that I will not miss this kitchen, or the little freakishly tiny office in the back of the house (really, it should be a closet), but all of the other spaces have been enjoyed. Actually, I guess I have made many delicious dinners in this tiny kitchen, I have baked cookies with Jack and made gallons and gallons of lemonaide, so even though it is small, even that space holds great memories.

I could list more wonderful memories than time allows, but even this last weekend I stored up a few moments of hilarity. The kids were gone so Mark and I packed up almost the entire house in two days. It was good for us I think, although exhausting. We had a lot of fun loading up our things and laughing. There was a lot of laughing and while I wish I could explain the reasons for all the laughter, well, you just needed to be there to appreciate it all. When your kids are around, you seem to have very little time to even talk to one another, because someone is tugging on your leg wanting a snack and a drink or the other one is clapping their hands wanting help with things, someone wants you to play with them, read them a book, tell them a story, or something (I am honestly not complaining, just stating a fact). Anyway, so even though we were packing and loading up all of our worldly possessions we had a lot of fun together.

Because the day is approaching quickly, rapidly, too rapidly, today I am doing a lot of nervous eating. I have no idea how that is even possible considering the fact that we have nothing good to eat here. Seriously, NOTHING! We are down to the junk that you keep looking at in the pantry, but never cook because it doesn't ever sound appetizing.

I am just rambling today and I better get to work.

Love ya -

Amy

click here for pictures of the brick, cabinet, etc. choices for the new house.





This was funny, because I came around the corner and this is all that I saw.....feet and a bag.



this is where we started (kind of, obviously we started out with this thing empty)










This is where we ended, at least for the day.  We still have more to add.  It is never ending!  Isn't he good at packing?  Seriously, the guy knows how to optimize.

No comments: