Four years ago at about this time, we had packed up the Accord and were headed to Presbyterian Hospital, not quite sure what events awaited us. Nervous and excited, we patiently waited for 2:30pm. For me, it was a blur... worried about my lovely wife and what she was about to endure. But also, bursting with excitement to meet the little guy that I had wanted to meet for the past 38 or so weeks. Well, excited or not, I almost missed the whole event. It seems that there was a bit of a mix up with which "hallway" I was supposed to wait in while they were prepping Amy. Long story short, I was waiting and someone said "You can't wait here..." Crap, where am I supposed to wait... anyway 15 minutes later a nurse searching the various hallways and waiting rooms spots me and says "Hey, what are you doing, you wife is waiting for you in the operating room!" Yikes, man am I in trouble now... just kidding.
Well, at 2:49pm, the next greatest thing to taking Amy as my bride happened. Jack Ryan Haisler was officially a "Haisler" and it was greatness. Through all the tears and crying, was the most beautiful little boy. My tears, by the way... It was absolute greatness.
So, four years later, Jack is still absolute greatness. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the coolest, smartest and most awesome little guy to have as a son. In those quick four years, there have been some of the best, most heart touching moments ever. I am so blessed and grateful for the gift of my wonderful son.
Happy Birthday, Jack. I love you.
Daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, said.
Post a Comment