My sweet little angel needs some lessons in proper behavior in public. Yesterday we had several errands to run, one being a trip to the tire shop and the other to have the car inspected. Let me tell you what happened at each stop.I brought along toys as an attempt to distract her, which did help for a bit, but one of them was a little music box that she received this weekend. This child loves to dance! When music comes on she starts to dance, clap her hands, bob her head, in general she likes to move when she hears music. So yesterday she is sitting between me and a stranger. A stranger that did not appear to be terribly fond of children. In an attempt to keep her from crawling on the stranger (she is very friendly), I turned on her little music box. What does she do? She bends over, touches her toes, with her bottom in the air (right at the guys shoulder) and starts wiggling her tokus around like no ones business. Slightly embarrassed I asked her to sit down, but you see when you ask her to do something she does the EXACT opposite. Had I just smiled and gone along with it she would have thought it was funny and kept doing it, so you see there was nothing I could do, but laugh, which is exactly what I did. Now, I did ask her to stop, which she did, but when she saw me grin, she got right back up into the same position and did it again. I couldn't even believe it! Fortunately for the man next to us, his car was ready and he was able to escape.
We next make our way over to the inspection shop. We are sitting waiting to be finished when one of the guys comes in and of course he comments about how beautiful she is to which she grins, but what she does next is shocking...shocking I tell you. She looks at him with the biggest smile and flashes him! Yes, you read correctly, she raises her shirt and flashes him. What the heck was that? I mean I don't go around flashing people. Well, I have, but that is a story for another time. So of course, I tell her to put her shirt down, but that didn't help. She just did it again. I was glad that he came to tell us that we were all ready to go because I wasn't sure how many times she was going to give this random stranger a peep show.
Maybe that is why she shouldn't wear dresses!
Love ya -
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment