My oh my how time really does fly by. My little boy is 4. Well, obviously he is still little, but he isn't "really" little anymore. Four seems to be the time where they start to do more things by themselves and they really aren't "little" anymore. Kind of breaks your heart just a little.
This is a really fun time, although I have said that about each and every age. People ask about 1, 1 1/2, 2, etc. and at each time I remember saying, "oh, this is such a fun age." I guess all ages are fun, just in different ways.
What is fun about 3 going on 4 is that he is like your little buddy, your friend and he likes to do things with you. With me, it's cooking or arts and crafts kinds of things. With his dad it is manly garage stuff; Home Depot projects; reading, reading and more reading; and general running around town, but only in the "little" car. Now, why does he like to ride in the little car you ask? Well, because that car has the capability of playing music off of the Zune and he likes to listen to Polka music, but especially "Why Oh Why" and "Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie". Uh, maybe those are the same song. I don't know.
A common theme is that he likes to DO things. He likes to learn about everything and honestly this is the smartest kid on the block. Yes, yes, I know I am his mother so obviously I think he is a genius (which he might be), but he really is. You can have grown up conversations with him and he asks questions that it doesn't seem like a four year old would even care about, but he does. He likes to know how things work and WHY...WHY...WHY do they work the way that they do. Maybe that is why he likes "Why Oh Why"....ha, maybe so.
He loves his sister and you can tell mostly during moments where he doesn't know you are paying attention. If you are, he is probably tripping her or clocking her up side the head or something. But he helps her pick out her clothes, makes sure she has her jacket on before we go outside into the cold. He even rats her out if she puts something in her mouth, which is often. On occasion he even tries to comfort her if she is crying. He is a sweet big brother.
He is spirited and rambunctious and I swear he will be an attorney or some corporate negotiator because the kids negotiates EVERYTHING, or at least tries.
He doesn't like to be dirty, at all. What kid doesn't like to get dirty? He has always been like that though. He never liked his hands dirty and now the issue is still his hands, but also his clothes.
He absolutely loves books. Really, you should have seen him at his party this weekend. While he loved all of his toys, he seemed thrilled by his new collection of stories. He has already, with assistance, read several of them more than once. I am so glad that he likes to read. Let's hope that this trend continues. I didn't develop a true love for books until I was older.
But even at four, he still likes you to hold him and snuggle with him and lay with him for "2 minutes" at nighttime after books.
He is fabulous and wonderful and I love him exactly the way that he is. Although, I do wish that he weren't growing up so quickly. I wish that he could stay little for just a little bit longer. We have such a very short time before he starts school (actually, the tears are working their way up and I don't really cry). It just goes by so quickly. I am going to wake up in what seems like a few short days and we will be walking him to school.
Four years has flown by in the twinkling of an eye, but I have enjoyed it all.
Happy Birthday Jack! I love you....lots and lots and lots.
Love -
Mommy (AKA Amy)
PS - here are more pictures of his party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment