1.13.2010

Give the kid some credit

So I am in the other room waiting for this masque to dry so that I can finally wash it off when I hear this terrible sound.  It sounded as if something shattered.   I knew that the sound meant something had broken and it didn't belong to us.  I come running out of the room figuring that it was one of my mom's figurines.  I'm sure I looked ridiculous slipping and sliding around the corner (I have socks on) with my chocolate covered face.  And what do I find?  Jack's newly built Lego trucks broken into pieces all over the floor.  I start to panic because that means a meltdown is about to ensue.  It is coming and it is going to be a big one.  I am going to hear, "why did she do that, she is so mean, that is mine, she is a mean girl, no Julia, get away, why did you touch my Legos."  As I am scrambling to pick up the pieces I hear this instead, "mommy, it is OK.  We can rebuild it.  Don't worry mommy, it's really OK."  All I could say to him was "thank you."

He surprises me sometimes and I was glad that today he choose to tone down the drama and stop.  We sat there for a minute rebuilt the Lego trucks and he moved on to something else.  I was glad that we dodge that bullet.  I think he is preoccupied with the fact that I wanted to get ready and go some place and he wants to "stay at home, relax and just play."  

Maybe that is exactly what we will do today.


No comments: