1.13.2010

The Price of Beauty

As I get older, I keep looking for the fountain of youth.  You know, the magic cream that keeps you from looking too older, or especially older than you are.  If anyone has a magic hand cream let me know because I will pay a small fortune for that stuff.  If you looked at my hands you would think I was 50.  This weather has been brutal.  That, and the fact that I wash my hands about 20 times a day, at least.  

Anyway, so I am always trying to find something that keeps my skin looking youthful.  Today, I am trying a chocolate masque.  Now, I didn't know if I was to eat it or put it on my face.  Fortunately, I followed the directions because if I had followed the scent I would have gobbled it up.  It smells that delicious.  Actually, I'm fairly certain that if given the opportunity Jack would come and lick my face.  On the other hand, I have totally frightened my daughter.  She has a look of fear on her face and just keeps pointing at me speaking something in a foreign language that I have yet to figure out.  What I can tell from all of this is that the poor child is frightened by the look of me.  You would think that I was some grotesque monster or something.  Then again, I went and looked at myself and as you all know I am about as white as you can be without being an albino and I have a dark chocolate face.  

I'm sure she is frightened, but that is the price of beauty.  Unfortunately, she is paying the price and I am repeating the benefits.  She will understand some day.  

Seriously, I am going to wash this off and magically I will be 25 again :)

Love ya - 

Amy

PS - I am totally, ok with being 36 by the way.  

No comments: