7.26.2010

Books, books and more books

We have a lot of books in this house, A LOT.  Actually, we have a lot less than we did because we sold a bunch to Half Price Books and we have just given tons away.  Well, today I decided I would actually work on getting the office together, at least my part.  I started working on several of the boxes that were in the garage labeled "books".  I swear each one weighed about 50 lbs so I had to grab a few books and make multiple trips back into the office.  I did have some great help from my two little people so that was nice.

What is interesting about the exercise is the difference, the GREAT difference, in books we have.  Check out a sample list below.

Amy:

19+ photography books
Harry Potter series
2 books on how to make wine
Twilight Series
Sookie Stackhouse books (True Blood)
Assortment of Nora Roberts books
The Crucible
Healing Power of Herbs
The Tao of Pooh
2 books on Navy Seals
The Devil Hath been Raised (about the Salem witch trials)
Plato
Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn


Mark:  (now, I'm not sure I will be able to complete the list as I might fall asleep, don't worry he knows this)

Physics books
All The Kings Men
Catch-22
Physics, Astonomy and Mathematics
Einstein: A Life In Science
The Iliad
Catcher in the Rye
Golf books
Music books


Talk about very different tastes.  

Thank goodness he loves me, because he certainly didn't marry me for our shared interest in literature.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that Plato book yours? WOW!