7.26.2010

UFO Sighting

This past weekend we went on a Saturday morning adventure.  We were on a mission to build UFOs at Lowes.  Why was this an adventure?  This would be the first time the little lady has participated in their Build and Grow activities.  You see, this involves hammers and nails.  Hammers, nails and a 2 year old....do you think that is a good combination?  We were going to give it a shot.

 This is normally something that Popsie and Jack do together.  I have taken him once, because I wanted to have my own one-on-one time and it was a lot of fun.  Once you get over the fear of being hit with a hammer, everything is golden.  Well, since the little lady wants to do absolutely everything her big brother does, we decided that this would be a family event and Jules could participate.  It was such a fun morning.  It was a little frightening because she doesn't want you to help her with anything, so I just had to hope that she wouldn't hit me, but she hit the nail so softly I felt ok.  Now, the most troubling part was that she would hammer, but she wasn't looking at what she was doing at all.  She was busy watching everyone else, looking around, yet still hammering. Mark kept saying, "Jules, keep your eyes on the hammer and nail."  We all wanted to make it out of there with the same number of fingers that God gave us.

She had a great time and the kids played with the UFOs for a large part of the morning.  We all tried to decided what kind of sounds UFOs make.  What do you think?  I happen to think that they are silent.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the little lady's project at Lowes.  This is one hot natured kid.  She was so warm that she fogged up her protective eye gear and we had to remove them.





















3 comments:

Grandma Helen said...

By the first picture, you can see that she adores her brother. You are a great Mom & Dad to do these activities with your children!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved those pictures. Good memories you guys are creating.

The Hag said...

UFOs are silent until they are thrown and hit either the floor, a big brother, or a little sister.