Since I have been under the weather I have been watching the Food Network channel and for heaven sakes my mouth has been watering over all of the delicious food. I have food on the brain. Jack even has a few favorite chefs of his own. Even at five, he was oh'ing and ah'ing over food yesterday. His favorite chefs, Guy Fieri (we made his Pepperoni Pizza dip - K-razy good), Ina Garten (I must make her Coq Au Vin with Garlic Mashed Potatoes), and Rachel Ray. While Rachel didn't showcase this recipe this week, one of my all-time favorites is her Turkey Spanakopita Burger. While, I beg to differ that this is a 30 minute meal, it is beyond delicious. Delicious doesn't even really describe this burger. Seriously. Make it. Like, today. It is that good. Invite people over. You will not be disappointed. So, as you can see I must be hungry for something other than homemade chicken noodle soup, although it was delicious sweet husband.
As I watched show after show, and fell in love with so many Paula Deen recipes my fingers can't link them all and my rear end can't take all of the butta. I also fell in love with her measuring cups. I mean, true love. As in, I needed these in order for my kitchen to be complete. Besides, they would go so nicely with the measuring spoons that my mother gave me for Christmas. These things are gorgeous. Who would have ever thought that someone would say that about measuring cups? Gorgeous measuring cups? I googled them to see if I could find them for myself. I love all things kitchen. Serving pieces, pasta bowls, fancy Christmas dishes, you name it. I even got teary-eyed this year when my in-laws bought me beautiful serving spoons for Christmas. Man, it was a kitchen theme for me this year I guess. Hey, people know what I like and I love that. Ok so back to my googling. I googled these measuring cups because I had every intention of telling my husband how much I wanted these, but instead I decided to write an open letter to Paula.
"Dear Precious Paula Deen,
Oh, how I love thee. You are my Julia Child. I can spend hours upon hours watching you create mouth watering recipes. How your chocolate bread pudding, something that I never thought I would love, is one of my favorite desserts. How your Chicken and Rice casserole is one of my favorite go-to recipes for friends and family that need a break from cooking. How I would so desperately love to spend a Saturday afternoon sipping sweet tea or a mint julep on the lanai and discussing all things culinary. Recently, I have fallen deeply in love with your pewter measuring cups. I feel as if my kitchen would be complete. I would look so fabulous preparing meals with my gorgeous new tools, but woman, 179.00? These are measuring cups!
In honor of the upcoming St. Patrick's Day, I guess I'll just be green with envy.
Maybe someday...
Sincerely,
Your faithful follower, even if I don't have gorgeous pewter measuring cups, Amy"
(side note - after posting I did additional research and realized that they aren't Paula's measuring cups, she simply uses the cups. Now, that makes more sense to me. Heaven knows the woman can afford 179.00 measuring cups. Still....green with envy.)
Chocolate Bread Pudding
Chicken and Rice Casserole
3.16.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Loved the letter to Paula Dean
Post a Comment