Sadly, I must tell you that we did not catch a Leprechaun. He out smarted us and ran away with our gold! Shocking! He was so rude and actually frightened the oldest child. You see, apparently when Johns O'Malley (that was his name) ran off with our gold he had to stop off and take a tinkle. That isn't the bad part. Not only did he leave the light on, but he left the seat up AND did you know that Leprechauns tinkle green (totally gross I know, but hey a sick lady was desperate and I got an idea from a friend of mine so I rolled with it). So as we were out at the store, the tricky little devil stole our gold. Jack was so disappointed, but he was more frightened by the green mess (water) that the Leprechaun left. I'm not kidding. The kid was scared. He won't even go in that room any longer. Well, that kind of backfired on me. This is what he said.
"Mommy, that is the rudest Leprechaun ever. I really do not understand why he would tinkle in our home and what is wrong with him? I mean, why is his tinkle green. Mommy, he is really rude and gross."
HA!
This Johns O'Malley also left a note near the trap. While he wasn't able to snatch the actual pot o'gold, he was able to grab most of the gold coins. Well, except for those that he left behind in the bathroom.
The note reads,
"Ahh we little Haislers. You can never outsmart the o'so clever Johns O'Malley. While ye thought ye could catch a Leprechaun like meself, you will have to try harder. I was quick enuff to grab some shinny gold coins for me pot o'gold.
Yull never catch an O'Malley.
Better LUCK next year"
I know, totally weird toilet shot and all, but I know you all wanted to see Leprechaun tinkle.
Now, the next surprise is dinner for my family. See, last night Mark informed me that he longed for a wife that would cook him beef and pork (he absolutely did NOT say that). What he did say was this, "man, I really wish you would eat pork and beef. All I get is turkey and chicken." Oh, poor guy. Hey, I really think his heart will thank me later, but then again I'm not doctor so what do I know? Now, I had already planned on making my family some form of Irish dinner as long as I was feeling better, but honestly it didn't include beef. It never does really. Surely, this doesn't come as a surprise to any of you. But in the spirit of compromise and considering the fact that I am the only one in my family that doesn't eat red meat I decided I would do something nice for my precious family on this "lucky" day. I am making them Irish stew (with beef) and garlic mashed potatoes. I also whipped a very green, but not Irish at all, dessert.
Oh yeah! Beef and Guiness. My husband will be beside himself with joy. He will certainly consider this his LUCKY day.
prepping for dessert
Dessert a'la Donna (aka food coloring to make it festive). The flowers, oh the rude Leprechaun left those for me. I guess he isn't so rude after all.
I know that they will all love it because even for a non-beef eating girl like myself, my home smells flipping fantastic.
Here's hoping that your day is a lucky one.
Prayers and happy thoughts for my dad who underwent surgery on his knee today. May you all stop for a moment and say a prayer for quick healing and of course good drugs.
Love to all.
Amy
PS - I will tell you that the skunks are not having a lucky day today. An entire family was mowed down today (5 in fact). I have never smelled such a stink in my life. EVER!





3 comments:
What a nice mom and wife. I know your family will enjoy the meal today. Prayers for Dennis for a speedy recovery.
Great St. Pat's story - Really HARD to read on the cork background!
Great blog and great memories. Loved the pictures. Quite a spread for St Patty's.
Post a Comment