3.09.2011

Trash to Treasure

Our previous neighborhood was an older one, which meant estate sales.  Lots and lots of estate sales.  One afternoon we randomly stopped at a GIANT sale and we found 4 items in need of some serious TLC.  One of those items has since been passed along to the Salvation Army.  Hey, sometimes you bite off more than you can chew and this chair required more TLC than I could give it.  Three items remain.  A really ugly wingback chair is currently in our office.  The bones are nice, but it is in desperate need of new fabric.  I have never attacked reupholstering before so for now it will stay as is.  The other two pieces are the real treasures.  One is a headboard/footboard that is being used in the little lady's room and the third piece is a gorgeous mirror.  We have been carrying this around for about 2 years, but we just didn't have the right place for it.  Recently, we rearranged Julia's room and found the perfect place.  Now, we just need to find her a chest of drawers.  I haven't found that piece of trash to turn into a treasure just yet.  

Originally, the frame was a boring brown color and needed some updates.  I started the project and then I got stuck.  I was afraid to do to much to it so I just stopped.  About a week ago Mark decided he would finish it.  This happens a lot around here.  We have since decided that I should come up with the ideas and he can execute them.  Hey, win/win for everyone.  Although, my list of ideas seems to be growing at a rapid pace these days.

So, look at what a fabulously gorgeous job he did. 

(disclaimer - pictures are terrible, but that sucker is heavy so I wasn't going to keep moving it around)






prior to refinish




Next project:  refinish this junky cabinet for our guest bathroom.  The bathroom has one of those silly pedistal sinks, which means there is no storage. 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Popsey.

Julie said...

I love it! You guys did a great job!! And your king cake looks soooo delicious!