6.08.2010
It's a little drafty
Marilyn Monroe. Wasn't she beautiful? Doesn't everyone love the picture of her in the white dress with the breeze blowing up her skirt? I do.
All of this will make sense in a few minutes. Just stay with me.
You see, I had errands to run today which means that I was trying to do things while also trying to wrangle 2 little children. The oldest will listen, most of the time, but the little lady. Forget it.
I started out my morning getting ready for the pool. We had planned to meet some friends late morning so I wanted everyone to be ready. It is also easier to get these kids dressed just once. They were dressed and ready and I threw on some clothes over my bathing suit. Gosh I hate those things, but that is for another post. I threw on a little summer dress and Jack looks at me and says, "mommy, why are you wearing the same dress you wore yesterday?" I just stood there and quickly realized that I have become my mother. My mom has always done that and I'm quite sure that I have asked her that exact question numerous times. I just laughed, but he looked at me like, "come on lady, put on something else."
I get everyone loaded into the car and we are off. Thank goodness. It is quite a chore to get everyone out of the house. I'm not quite sure why that is really. I only have 2 little people, but it is what it is. I am on a mission. I have 3 errands to run and I want to do them quickly and then get to the pool before it is scorching outside. I mean, have you seen me and my kids? We are one shade lighter than an albino so needless to say we don't need to be out in the sun too much.
We make it to the post office to ship some things that are long overdue, one of them being a return in a rather large box. I am trying to carry all of these things and make sure that my children make it across the parking lot safely. We get inside and the little lady starts running around as if someone just gave her a shot of caffeine. Jack is trying to help control her, to no avail. I am not sure what I need to ship my items so I am looking around and trying to keep an eye on these two. Fortunately, the post office wasn't busy at that time. I finally figure out what I need, but now there is a line so we wait. My children don't wait very well. Jules stars pulling on the rope that defines the line form. She is making all kinds of noise. I can't do much because my hands are full. I keep giving her the evil eye, but she doesn't care. Finally, it is our turn. I am trying to get my three different packages shipped when Julia starts saying, "me see, me see." You see, she wanted to sit on the counter and the more I protested the louder she screamed. About that time Jack decides he will start to pester her. You know, bump into her 'accidentally', step on her toes, yell loudly in her ear. The normal things that happen around here. I move him away to stand behind me, yet by himself. He is quiet. She is quiet. I can actually have a conversation with the nice man trying to help me. He can tell that I am flustered and he is being very patient. I notice that Jack has moved from his spot and is right behind me, but I don't pay too much attention because I am making progress here. I am about to accomplish something on my to-do list. Hallelujah! All of a sudden, I feel funny. I feel a little big exposed. A little drafty in the behind region. You see my dress is very full and comfy. It is so full that you could fit a child under there. That is exactly what had happened. Oh my gosh! For some unknown reason he thought it would be a good idea to pull up my dress so that the rest of the people BEHIND me in line could check out my rear and then hide his head under my dress. Really? Why in the world would he do that? He has never done that before. Now, normally I would have been embarrassed, but surprisingly I just pulled my dress down and went on about my business. There was no time to slow down and process what had just happened because Julia was crushing my feet with her boots and the man was expecting me to pay. Maybe I was in shock because I had just flashed a bunch of strangers.
While I certainly didn't look like Marilyn Monroe in her beautiful picture, I did give a little peep show to all of the patrons at the Mansfield Post Office. Oh Lord help me...please.
Enjoy your day fabulous people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment